Electric Sweat. 14 Late Night R&B Popcorn Stompers
Cat Nº: SHELL018
Oh yeah! It’s the 1950s and sweaty night clubs and dance venues are packed with young people wanting to leave their troubles behind to the rhythm of the newest sounds from Black America.
In the 1940s blues was speeded up to become Rhythm & Blues, and now it’s at its loudest, electric guitar loaded, hard drumming, harmonica wailing, screamy best.
Enjoy this small compilation of tunes and let the smoky club scene of the 1950s / early 1960s bring the party to your own home. These songs that were originally issued in 7″ 45 RPM singles that nowadays exchange hands for little fortunes among collectors!
01. PERCY MAYFIELD – Louisiana
02. CARL LESTER & THE SHOWSTOPPERS – When You See Me Hurt
03. JUNIOR WELLS – Messin’ With The Kid
04. J.J. JACKSON & THE JACKALS – Oo-Ma-Liddi
05. OTIS RUSH – All Your Love (I Miss Loving)
06. TED TAYLOR – Ramblin’ Rose
07. “JOLLY BOY” SHEPARD – You Care
01. DOLORES JOHNSON – What Kind Of Man Are You
02. FREDDY KING – The Stumble
03. BIG MAYBELLE – I’ve Got A Feelin’
04. THE OLYMPICS – I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate
05. MAMIE PERRY – I’m Hurted
06. ETTA JAMES – Nobody Loves You Like Me
07. BO DIDDLEY – Sixteen Tons